PRESIDENT’S VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARD (PVSA) 2019
PVSA is created to recognize millions of Americans who have made a sustained commitment to volunteer service. The award is given to individuals that have demonstrated outstanding volunteer service and civic participation over the course of a one year period from January 1st, 2018 to December 31st, 2018.
Based on the age of the volunteer, a varying percentage of the total hours must consist of internal Jamati activities and external outreach activities.
How many hours do I need?
Given their ongoing service activity, many individuals, families, and groups may have already met the requirements to earn the President’s Volunteer Service Award. There are three different age level groups and three different awards per age level. They are broken down as follows:
|Hours by Award||Bronze||Silver||Gold|
|Kids (5-10)||26 – 49||50 – 74||75 +|
|Teens (11–15)||50 – 74||75 – 99||100 +|
|Young Adults (16-25)||100 – 174||175 – 249||250 +|
|Adults (26 and older)||100 – 249||250 – 499||500+|
|Families and Groups*||200 – 499||500 – 999||1,000+|
|President’s Lifetime Achievement Award: Individuals who have completed 4,000 or more hours in their lifetime|
|* Two or more people, with each member contributing at least 25 hours toward the total|
PVSA Submission Deadlines:
- Friday, March 1st, 2019 – after ceremonies at Mid-Cities J/K – For Mid-Cities and Tri-Cities
- Friday, March 15th, 2019 – after ceremonies at Plano J/K – For Dallas HQ and Plano
PVSA Submission Checklist:
- Cover Sheet – (click here to download)
- Terms of Agreement Document – (click here to download)
- Download & print Excel Document / Log from PVSA Website
- Created an online account on http://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov
- List CO-FZL-9672W for the certifying organization
- Enter your hours onto the Volunteer Record log
- Download & print the log sheet
- Certificate/Letters from Services Organization
- Please use Verification Form (click here) for all organizations that do not provide a Certificate/Letter
We encourage you to use the Step-by-Step PVSA Submission Instructional Documentation found below to assist you in applying for the PVSA Award.
You can contact the Project Manager Malik Nathani for any questions or concerns that you may have related to PVSA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you write PVSA as the subject heading to help respond to your questions in a timely manner. Please allow for a 2 day response time.